I suggest you ...

Change Location

I love the idea of rain parrot for slipping my bicycle commute in between the showers. To make this even better it would be good to be able to change the location so that I can see predictions on when it will rain along the route. For example the rain here usually comes from the W and my commute home from work is E to W. If I could set the location to my home and see that it isn’t expected to rain there for 40 mins then I know that I could get home dry. Leaving the location at the office may say clear for the next hour but it may start raining on me before I get home.

45 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Stew shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

We are looking into adding additional locations on a separate page. Note we have tried this feature and it isn’t as useful as it sounds, as the rain often travels faster than you can. So by the time you arrive at your new location the rain prediction is completely different to when you left as so much time has passed.

14 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Craig commented  · 

Being able to set manual locations would be useful, currently the app thinks I’m at Garden island which is the navel base 23kms away offshore, the island weather is completely different to onshore conditions in Baldivis 😒

• Anonymous commented  · 

Mine seems set on Melbourne but I live in Adelaide

• Anonymous commented  · 

This feature would be extremely useful to plan for travel to different places.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Mind keeps setting to a different suburb on my phone but my iPad is different.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Doesn’t seem to get my location. Random VIC locations. Not great.

• Pi$$ed off commented  · 

Waste of bloody money !!! Failed to load every time!! Didn’t realize that it only works in Australia as well !!

• Anonymous commented  · 

Just installed this app today and it doesn’t have my location correct.
        Being able to have the correct location is imperative to the app being useful and working as intended.

• Anonymous commented  · 

How can I change my location?

• Chris. commented  · 

I want this as iv paid almost $3 for the app and it has me located in a suburb that’s 30km away from me. Reallly pissed off. It’s great to have all the bells and wistles but it has to WORK.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Would be great to adjust location as currently it forecasts for a town 22km away and is always slightly off. As I am hinterland, in a topographical area, it can be a big difference in the 20km.
        Cheers

• Anonymous commented  · 

Would love to use this app to know the weather at my travel destination. So it will be great to change the current location.

Let’s say if I want to go to the beach I am more interested in the weather at the beach than my current location.

• Anonymous commented  · 

We have had thunder, lightening and torrential rain here at Mornington since 9-10 am it's now 1.11pm, can't hear anything for the rain.
        My Rain Parrot has told me all morning "no rain approaching"

• Anonymous commented  · 

There would be a map that users can drop a pin on to save a location as well as having the option of viewing the users current location.

• Anonymous commented  · 

The closet place it found for me is almost 15mins + away other apps let me tell them where I am

Feedback and Knowledge Base