I suggest you ...

Apple Watch complication.

Would be great to have a complication for Apple Watch advising how long until rain starts.

79 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The app now supports watchOS 4 and can potentially have a complication, however in testing the complications have a very small CPU and network budget, so it can only update a few times per hour, then it gets stuck on the last update. This makes it show the wrong prediction for a while. I’m looking into ways around it to reduce the CPU and network, but it is a fundamental issue with the way complications work in watchOS.

9 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Complications for new Infograph watch face in watchOS 5 would be awesome. Can’t find a single app using BoM data that does this...

• Mili commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can add rain parrot to my complications on my iPhone app. But when I update my watch face rain parrot does not appear in the drop down menu. This is no good as I purchased the app so it would appear in my top left complications not in my apps.

• Ian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I bought the App for an Apple Watch 3 expecting it to show radar for my area as advertised. It only shows one data screen which is really disappointing for a paid App.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why does the Apple Watch app not work? I can’t get the app or complication to work at all.

• Glenn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I’d also like to see some watch integration. Especially with the new Siri watch face. I think it would be perfect to see the notice on the screen as the rain approaches.

• Simon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Other apps like Dark Sky (so similar functionality outside of Aus) have a complication but it does not appear to update regularly. Seems from the comments here that this is an OS limitation, which is a shame.

• Dermot commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

With WatchOS 3, this should now be possible. Any apps with complications remain in memory and can update in the background.

Feedback and Knowledge Base